These 80+ ideas for your couple’s summer bucket list will see your summer full of fun!
The heat warms your skin the minute you step outside. The sound of cicadas fill the air. Everything feels slow, almost heavy.
It’s summer time.
The sun rises early and sets late, and the days themselves stretch forward seemingly without end.
It’s the perfect time of the year to reconnect as a couple, to spend time together with intention, and to experience new things.
It’s the perfect time for a bucket list.
Creating a summer bucket list is something I recommend couples do every summer.
This is for several reasons.
- it’s the chance to create some shared goals
- novel experiences act to slow down time
And while a bucket list is generally highly personalized, most of us could do with some inspiration every now and again.
Use the categories I’ve provided to brainstorm additional ideas for your own perfect summer.
At home ideas for your couple’s summer bucket list
There’s plenty of bucket list ideas that you can achieve this summer without even leaving your house.
- Make a backyard movie theater
- Buy a pizza oven and make pizza from scratch (try these pizza recipes)
- Make or buy a fire pit, roast marshmallows and / or make s’mores
- Sleep under the stars
- Plant flowers that blossom in winter for some winter cheer
- Plant a tree together
- Plant a vegetable garden
- Learn how to make iced tea or coffee
- Grab a telescope or star-gazing binoculars and get up close and personal with the night sky
- Watch the sunrise and make a cooked breakfast
- Set up a hammock and lie in there together and read
- Have a summer mocktail making contest
- Make homemade ice cream
- Invite your family over for a barbecue
- Make a time capsule and bury it in the backyard
You might also like: At home date ideas.
Free or cheap ideas for your couple’s summer bucket list
Making a memory to last a lifetime doesn’t have to cost much – if anything at all! These bucket list ideas are free or easily affordable.
- Make a sand castle
- Walk along the beach
- Play at the park
- Go on a cheap weekend getaway
- Have a romantic picnic
- Go on a night picnic (here’s your picnic food menu)
- Walk your dog every day for 30 days
- Go night swimming
- Go camping
- Check out local hikes
- Walk to a local waterfall
- Go on a tandem bike ride
- Go shopping at a farmer’s market and then make dinner from the ingredients
- Attend a BBQ cooking school
- Go skinny dipping
- Make love outside
- Take a picture for every day of summer, and make a book from your pics
- Go berry picking and then whip up a pie with the fruits of your labor
- Learn how to play chess and play with locals at the park
- Drive to your local make-out point and … make out
- Try a new summer salad recipe for every week of summer
- Make a bonfire on the beach and then relax and enjoy watching the flames
You might also like: 25 super relaxing date ideas.
Physical ideas for your couple’s summer bucket list
Hot weather can make you feel a little sluggish – reverse that by incorporating some some physical challenges into your bucket list!
- Train for and compete in a 10km event
- Hike through a national park
- Go mountain biking
- Try waterskiing
- Take a surfing lesson
- Try paddle boarding
- Play a game of baseball at your local park
- Take tennis lessons
- Learn how to swim
- Try archery
- Go kayaking
- Go tubing
- Have a rock climbing lesson
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving
- Enter a beach volley tournament (or simply watch one!)
You might also like: 85 active date ideas.
Fun summer activities for your couple’s bucket list
Sometimes you want to tick some things off that are just plain old fashioned fun!
- Attend a sporting event
- Get retro and go roller skating
- Have a 4th of July date
- Go to an amusement park
- Stay the night in a tiny home
- Fly a kite
- Go ziplining
- Attend an outdoor theater performance
- Go fishing
- Be an audience member on your fave tv show
- Go horse riding
- Get lost in an outdoor maze
- Play hopscotch
- Go to a drive through movie
- Play pétanque
- Go on a garden tour (though if your husband is like mine, whether he considers this “fun” is debatable!)
Luxury ideas for your couple’s summer bucket list
Given that bucket lists are meant to be once in a lifetime experiences, here’s some truly luxurious items to add.
- Go in a hot air balloon ride
- Have a couple’s spa day with body scrub and a massage to follow
- Go on a helicopter ride over a scenic site like a lake, mountain or harbor
- Attend an outdoor concert
- Bungy jump over a river
- Do a bridge climb
- Go paragliding
- Take a jet boat ride
- Dine at a rooftop lounge
- Hire a convertible and go on a road trip
- Go on a river cruise
- Charter a yacht
- Visit a luxury show home
- Go swimming with dolphins
- Vacation on a tropical island
- Watch the sunrise in Paris
The warm weather of summer makes so many things possible – and yet if we are not intentional with our time, the days can slip through our fingers.
Make the most of your summer this year by seeing how many of these couple’s summer bucket list ideas you can tick off!
Enjoyed these date ideas and want more? Try these date ideas for couples.