Longing for connection but short on time? These quick date ideas will take 30 minutes or less – perfect for the couple with a busy schedule.
As much fun as it is to spend a leisurely afternoon or evening with your significant other, the reality is we don’t always have time for that.
When it comes to the juggle between work, family, and your personal goals, you can’t do it all – and so when something’s got to give, a quick date is far, far better than nothing.
Because the reality is that intentional time together maintains your connection and keeps the novelty and fun alive – whether you commit to a 30 minute date or 3 day weekend.
These quick date ideas will give you plenty of inspiration for those precious pockets of time.
Looking for last minute date ideas? Try these.
Quick date ideas
- Go for a 30 minute walk and ask each some of these questions for couples as you walk. (If you’ve got an iPhone download our free questions for couples app)
- Have an ice cream date – grab an ice cream, sit outside the store and enjoy the sun and conversation
- Write each other a love letter and then give it to each other to read
- Create a custom playlist that makes up the soundtrack of your relationship
- Make a bucket list for your relationship
- Play a quick board game – you might like these date night games for couples
- Go to a restaurant and order dessert – or stay at home and make one of these easy, romantic desserts
- Do an online yoga class together
- Head to your local food truck
- Have a coffee date at your favorite coffee shop
- Watch an old favorite sitcom – and marvel at how lame it seems
- Try a water balloon fight. Score points for the number of hits
- Colder weather? Make s’mores
- Listen to a favorite album together
- Head to your local bookstore and purchase a book for each other. You can make a date to discuss the book once you’ve finished it!
- Have a feel good date by watching public singalongs on You Tube
- Give it a go yourself with some karaoke numbers on You Tube
- Start a vegetable garden
- Participate in a short event like a 5km
- Serve a cheese platter on the verandah and talk about life
- Listen to a podcast together and discuss it afterwards
- Go for a bike ride
- Visit open homes and get inspirations for your own place
- Watch the sunset and share what you’re grateful for about the day
- Try some of the quick options from these sexy date ideas – Fantasy Island or Al fresco could be perfect!
- Make a model
- Go for a Fall foliage drive
- Bake a batch of cookies
- Take turns describing the best times you’ve had between the sheets with each other and then go and recreate one of them
- Check out samples at the Farmer’s Market
- Work on your couple goals
- Take turns giving each other a head massage or wash each other’s hair
- Watch an episode of your favorite show from when you were a kid
- Complete an easy jigsaw puzzle (or try a harder one and work on it in separate sessions)
- Have a bath together
- Take the dogs for a walk
- Go shopping at your favorite store and buy something for each other
- Play a game of pool
- Do an unboxing of a couple’s subscription box – and if you don’t have time to complete it, you can schedule another date for that!
- Have your palms read
- Make a mocktail – perfect for summer! You could tweak some of the recipes to create your own signature drink
- Have takeout by candlelight
- Try out a dance lesson on You Tube
- Visit your local gardens
- Have a Frisbee challenge
- Have fun at your local playground
- Make ice cream together or make ice cream sundaes
- Pick seasonal fruit or vegetables, like apples, strrawberries or pumpkins
- Do an escape room. This one will be closer to an hour if you’re hopeless like us!
- Go stargazing
Being short on time is no reason to cut out date night from the agenda. Simply try one of these quick date ideas – most of which you can do in 30 minutes or less.
You might also like: Date night ideas for married couples.