Married couples can get stuck in a conversational rut of kids, work and money. Spice up your conversation and learn something new about your spouse with these fun questions for married couples!
My husband and I have been together for seven years, but as recently as last week, I learnt that when he was a little boy of only 9 or 10 years old, his father (who was an avid runner) entered him into a half marathon.
He managed to run for about 14 kilometers before he hit the wall – an incredible achievement for a little boy!
This segued into him telling me about his other early running pursuits that I had known nothing about.
Getting this extra glimpse into the life of the man I love so much was awesome.
And it was all because of a random question.
So many times the questions we ask in our daily lives are mundane.
How was your day?
Can you pick up some milk?
What time will you be home?
Of necessity, our busy lives are full of superficial interactions rather than meaningful moments.
Therefore it’s great to have a ready bank of fun questions for couples in a variety of situations- a long car journey, chilling on the couch, when having either a free or at-home date… questions that are not only fun to ask and answer, but that also help you learn more about that special someone in your life!
So the next time you’re in one of those situations, try asking any one of these fun questions for couples and see if you learn anything new!
In a hurry? You can skip reading and download these questions cards instead!
Fun questions for married couples related to childhood
Do you know much about your husband’s or wife’s childhood? Any fun questions for couples have to include going way, way back to those early years – maybe grab the photo albums out too to back up your memories with some visual evidence!
- How did you get to school when you were little?
- What’s the first movie you can remember seeing?
- Did you ever have a childhood celebrity crush?
- Did you have any childhood pets?
- What did you watch on television when you were young?
- How did you spend your free time?
- What happened when you were sick?
- Can you remember being babysat?
- What were your favorite books?
- What outfit did your parents force you to wear that you hated?
- What was the worst haircut or hairstyle you ever had?
- How did your parents punish you?
- What was the naughtiest thing you ever did as a child?
- What were your favorite toys?
- What was your night-time routine?
Fun questions for married couples about the teenage years
The teenage years are often times of great angst and embarrassment – which is why these are the most fun questions to ask your husband or wife!
- What was your most embarrassing puberty-related moment?
- Can you remember the first time you shaved your legs / your face?
- How did you spend your Friday nights?
- Were you ever grounded, and if so, for what?
- What was your most embarrassing romantic fail?
- What sports or clubs were you involved in?
- Who taught you how to drive and what was your worst driving lesson experience?
- How old were you when you got your driver’s license and how did you go in the test?
- Did you ever lie to your parents?
- What part-time jobs did you have?
- What did you wear to your high school dances?
- What was your first date like?
- What fashion fail did you embrace?
- What was your favorite teacher’s name?
- Who was your best friend at high school?
Fun questions for married couples about random imaginings
What’s better than imagining crazy things, right? These fun questions to ask your spouse will definitely add to the entertainment! (Maybe even go crazy and try and organize number 4!).
- If you could turn back time, what decision of yours would you reverse and why?
- What would be your dream vacation?
- What’s the strangest skill you would most like to learn?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve heard about that you would be prepared to try?
- Would you rather have no hands or no eyes?
- If you could create a fragrance, what would it smell like?
- If you could NEVER do one household chore again, what would it be?
- If you could become any fictional character, who would you be?
- If you could ask a deceased relative one question, who would you ask and what would you ask them?
- When you think of home, what do you imagine?
- If you could swap out a piece of furniture in this house, what would it be?
- If you could bring one pet back to life, which one would you choose?
- Would you rather have no showers for a week or no sex for a year?
- What’s the first thing you would do if you received one million dollars?
- If you could see any performer, alive or dead, in concert, who would it be? Whether you’ve been with your husband for five years or fifty, chances are there’s still some things you don’t know about them.
So the next time you have a spare minute, ask them one of these fun questions for married couples – covering their childhood years, teens years and random imaginings. The answers are sure to entertain you!