If you and your honey live far apart, try these long distance relationship questions to see how you can make your relationship closer and more connected.
When you’re in a long distance relationship, your connection doesn’t simply happen automatically. You’re not sharing the same home – you’re not even necessarily sharing the same country! When you do connect, it’s not by chance. It’s intentional and purposeful.
This puts a LOT of pressure on verbal and written communication – because you don’t have those sweet looks, light touches and other methods of feeling close to each other.
And yet at times that pressure can make your communication feel forced and stilted.
Asking questions of each other is a fabulous way to connect, using your natural desire to learn more about each other and also to strengthen your bond without any awkwardness.
If this is you, any and all of these questions will give you what you need:
- deep questions to ask your partner
- intimate questions for couples
- favorite things questions
- how well do you know me questions
- get to know you questions
- would you rather questions for couples
However, the reality is if you’re here it’s probably because you want long distance questions for couples that are about your relationship.
And the problem with most long distance questions for couples you’ll find on the interwebs is that they’re simply versions of the questions I linked to above.
So these questions are specifically about this special situation you’re in.
And while you can ask these questions for long distance couples at any stage of your relationship, they can be even more valuable when you ask them on your anniversary or at the start of a new year.
You might also like: Anniversary questions for couples.
It can be so helpful to use questions written by someone else as it creates objectivity. You’re just asking the questions from the article, right?
So let’s get into it.
Long distance questions for couples about staying connected
These questions will help you keep close even when you’re apart.
- What habits and rituals do we currently have that help keep us connected?
- How could we use our knowledge of what’s working to make us even closer?
- What’s the gap between the number of our visits and the ideal number of visits?
- What ways could we close the gap between the number of our visits and the ideal number of visits?
- How can we ensure we always have a time locked in that we’ll next see each other?
- When will we visit each other this year?
- How can we contact each other in an emergency?
- What 5 items can we add to our couple’s bucket list for this year?
- What new things did we learn about each other and our relationship this year that we can use to keep connected?
- What long distance date ideas can we do in the next year?
- What do we need to do every time we see each other in person?
- What special events are coming up and how will we celebrate them?
- Can we start some couple’s hobbies that will develop greater connection?
- What common interests do we have that can help maintain our connection?
- What do I do that makes you feel special?
Long distance questions for couples about improving your relationship
These questions work to improve your relationship.
- What areas of our communication need some work?
- What ways can we communicate with each other that would be more effective?
- What have we done as a couple that’s worked really well this last year?
- What are five ways we can make our relationship better this year than it was last year?
- How have we made each other’s lives better this year?
- How can we develop a better relationship with each other’s family?
- How can we use tools like the love languages to improve our relationship?
- How can we ensure that we are there for each other when we need to be?
- How can we deepen our physical intimacy?
- How can we deepen our emotional intimacy?
- In what ways has our trust deepened this year and how can we build on this for the future?
- What do I do that makes you feel loved even when we’re apart?
- What aspects of our personalities and our relationship give us the skills to handle the distance?
- What activities or actions will help keep the romance going?
- How has being long distance helped us grow as a couple?
- What could we do to make this easier for us?
- What boundaries do we need to revisit?
- How can we improve how we handle conflict?
- How can I better support your goals and dreams?
- What situations make you feel uncomfortable or insecure and how can I alleviate that?
Questions for long distance couples connected to closing the distance
These questions are all connected to moving you forward in your relationship by closing the distance.
- How can we move forward in our relationship this year even though we’re apart?
- In terms of our relationship, where would you like to be a year from now?
- What are our expectations for our relationship in terms of closing the distance?
- What needs to be considered when thinking about closing the distance?
- How long can we keep this long distance relationship going?
- What is our timeline for closing the distance?
- Who will be the one to relocate or will we both move somewhere new?
- What are the work opportunities like for the person relocating or where we relocate to?
- When it happens, how could we celebrate closing the distance?
- What are your thoughts on living together when we close the distance?
- How can we plan financially for closing the distance?
- What goals do we have for our relationship after closing he distance?
- How will closing the distance impact our families?
- What concerns do you have about closing the distance?
- What other questions do you have about closing the distance?
Being in a long distance relationship is tough, but for most couples it’s a temporary situation. While you’re apart, these long distance relationship questions will help you stay connected, improve your relationship, and work out what you both need to know about closing the distance so you can get on with your lives – together.
You might also like: Questions for couples.