Date night is always a special night. Combine that with Halloween and you’re guaranteed an awesome night of fun – especially if you try any of these Halloween date ideas!
Date nights are an important part of every happy marriage – so why not make the most of date night by combining it with one of the most fun holidays of the year?
Whether you want to celebrate Halloween at home or would rather go out, here’s the best Halloween date ideas to make this year the most memorable yet!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
At home Halloween date ideas
Have a Halloween movie date night
The easiest option for a fun Halloween with your husband involves getting on the couch. Snuggling up won’t even be an option when these classic horrors start playing!
My top 10 recommendations for movies to watch on your Halloween night date are:
- The Conjuring. Classic “this really happened” supernatural horror.
- The Exorcist. Head swivels and vomit.
- It. Stephen King – and clowns. Can there be a more terrifying combination?
- Misery. More Stephen King and your number one fan.
- Nightmare on Elm Street. Hey Freddie!
- Psycho. Hitchcock’s 1960s classic.
- Scream. Mask, anyone?
- Shaun of the Dead. Funny AND scary.
- The Shining. Even more Stephen King and Jack Nicholson – in what I think was his best role ever barring his performance in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Okay – I have to confess I’ve never worked up the courage to see this. Maybe this Halloween!
Enjoy some Halloween date night snacks
While you’re watching your movie, or engaging in any of these other at home activities for your Halloween night date, try any of these super creepy tasty treats.
You could even make creating them part of the experience!
Have a Masterchef Halloween challenge
Take Halloween food to the next level.
Have fun deciding on the reward for the winner!
Try some Fun DIY crafty Halloween date activities
However if you feel like being a little more active and / or creative on Halloween, then you can try some of these super fun ideas.
Some of them are aimed at children but I challenge you to set any preconceptions aside and give them a try before you judge!
1. Have a window display contest. Select one window each, and with a selection of these Halloween window decorations from Amazon, see who’s got the scariest style!
2. Have a Halloween pumpkin carving date night (grab your pumpkin carving kit here).
4. Challenge yourselves by making some vintage Halloween projects.
5. Create these Halloween bath bombs and then jump in the bath together!
Halloween games for couples
If DIY isn’t your thing, how about some games instead? Make it even more fun and invite another couple or two over to share the fun!
1. Food fear factor: see who can eat the most items on a list of your choosing. Ideas include:
- raw egg
- chocolate covered crickets
- overcooked Brussels sprouts
- baby octopus
- your most hated food (although chances are it’s already on the list).
2. Break out Clue. I’m betting on Miss Scarlet in the dining room with the candlestick!
3. Alternatively, try Zombicide. It’s an awesome strategy game for one to six players.
You might also like: At home date ideas.
Out and about Halloween date ideas
If you’re STILL looking for something a little more adventurous, then here’s some perfectly petrifying Halloween date night ideas that involve getting out of the house.
- Make an appointment to see a local psychic or palm reader.
- Go to a hypnotist show.
- Challenge yourselves to make it through a corn maze (often these are open at night over the Halloween period).
- Attend a midnight movie screening.
- Go to the beach and have a bonfire, and tell scary stories while you roast marshmallows.
- Have a picnic in a cemetery (but remember to be both respectful and safe).
- Have a contest with couple friends to play the best trick on each other (losers buy dinner).
- Attend a pumpkin carving class (in case the You tube idea above was a bust).
- Go to a haunted house or carnival. Here’s the best haunted attractions in Illinois, Texas and California.
- Dress up in a classic Halloween couples costume and go out for dinner. My pics would be:
- Barbie and Ken
- Danny and Sandy from Grease
- Fred and Wilma from The Flintstones
- Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables
- Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf
- Morticia and Gomez Addams from The Addams Family
- Shaggy and Scooby from Scooby Doo
- Ross and Rachel from Friends
- Bonnie and Clyde
Here’s some more Halloween costumes for couples, including Disney themed costumes and ones that will make you laugh out loud!
Halloween is both a night to celebrate and another excuse for an entertaining and creative date night.
I hope you find some super fun Halloween date ideas here to try this year for your own Halloween night date!
Get more great Halloween ideas at All things Halloween for adults.