Date night is always a special night – and combine that with Halloween and you can guarantee an awesome night of fun – especially if you try any of these Halloween date night ideas for married couples!
Date nights are an important part of every happy marriage – so why not make the most of date night by combining it with one of the most fun holidays of the year?
Whether you want to celebrate Halloween at home or would rather go out, here’s the best Halloween date ideas to make this year the most memorable one yet!
Note that I’ve attached affiliate links here for your convenience. This means if you click on a link and purchase an item, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
At home Halloween date night ideas
Have a Halloween movie date night
The easiest option for a fun Halloween with your husband involves getting on the couch. Snuggling up won’t even be an option when these classic horrors start playing!
Here’s my top 10 recommendations for movies to watch for your Halloween night date:
- The Conjuring. Classic “this really happened” supernatural horror.
- The Exorcist. Head swivels and vomit.
- It. Stephen King – and clowns. Can there be a more terrifying combination?
- Misery. More Stephen King and your number one fan.
- Nightmare on Elm Street. Hey Freddie!
- Psycho. Hitchcock’s 1960s classic.
- Scream. Mask, anyone?
- Shaun of the Dead. Funny AND scary.
- The Shining. Even more Stephen King and Jack Nicholson – in what I think was his best role ever bar in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I have to confess I have never worked up the courage to see this. Maybe this Halloween!
Halloween themed snacks and treats for date night
While you’re watching your movie, or engaging in any of these other at home activities for your Halloween night date, try any of these super creepy tasty treats.
You could even make creating them part of the experience!
Fun DIY crafty Halloween date night activities
However if you feel like being a little more active and / or creative on Halloween, then you can try some of these super fun ideas.
Some of them are aimed at children but I challenge you to set any preconceptions aside and give them a try before you judge!
1. Have a window display contest. Select one window each and with a selection of these top-rated Halloween window decorations, see who’s got the scariest style!
2. Have a pumpkin carving date night.
3. If pumpkin carving is a little beyond your skill level, bring out your inner child by creating these sports pumpkins .
5. Create these Halloween bathbombs and then jump in the bath together!
Halloween games for couples
If DIY isn’t your thing, how about some games instead? Make it even more fun and invite another couple or two over to share the fun!
1. Food fear factor: see who can eat the most items on a list of your choosing. Ideas include
- raw egg
- chocolate covered crickets
- overcooked brussel sprouts
- baby octopus
- your most hated food (although chances are, it’s already on the list).
2. Break out Clue. I’m betting on Miss Scarlet in the dining room with the candlestick!
3. Alternatively,try Zombieside. It’s an awesome strategy game for one to six players.
Related: Awesome at home date night ideas.
Out and about Halloween date night ideas
If you’re STILL looking for something a little more adventurous, then here’s some perfectly petrifying Halloween date night ideas that involve getting out of the house.
- Make an appointment to see a local psychic or palm reader.
- Go to a hypnotist show.
- Challenge yourselves to make it through a corn maze (often these are open at night over the Halloween period).
- Attend a midnight movie screening.
- Go to the beach and have a bonfire, and tell scary stories while you roast marshmallows.
- Have a picnic in a cemetery (but remember to be both respectful and safe).
- Have a contest with couple friends to play the best trick on each other (losers buy dinner).
- Attend a pumpkin carving class (in case the You tube idea above was a bust).
- Dress up in one of these top-rated Halloween costumes and go out for dinner all the while acting completely normal.
Alternatively, go for a classic Halloween couple costume.
My pics would be
- Barbie and Ken
- Danny and Sandy from Grease
- Fred and Wilma from The Flintstones
- Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables
- Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf
- Morticia and Gomez Addams from The Addams Family
- Shaggy and Scooby from Scooby Doo
- Harry and Meghan
- Ross and Rachel from Friends
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Attend a carnival and hang out at the Haunted House.
Halloween is both a night to celebrate and another excuse for an entertaining and creative date night.
I hope you find some super fun ideas here to try this year for your own Halloween night date!